Monday 26 September 2011

Strawberries & Cream cheesecake

As well as making muffins yesterday I also made the Strawberries & Cream Cheesecake. This is a baked cheesecake and they always intimidate me slightly (especially as the oven I'm using at present is awful!) as I'm scared about over or under cooking. Nevertheless with strawberry season coming to an end I wanted to make it whilst I could get my hands on good, flavoursome English strawberries.

You start off by almost making some strawberry jam! Once this is entirely cooled you mix it together with cream cheese and a bit of sugar. This is then put onto the biscuit base you prepared earlier and baked in the oven using a waterbath (also tricky). Once it's sat in the fridge for a couple of hours the final layer is added comprising of mascarpone , cream and icing sugar. Mine then sat in the fridge overnight to set properly. When ready to serve, garnish with a few strawberries and find some willing victims to eat it (thankfully my office is full of willing victims):





No comments:

Post a Comment